Rethymno


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Rethymno
January 8th 2009
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

RethymnoRethymnoRethymno

The Beach front view from our balcony
Wednesday continued

We went out about seven thirty, the intention being to wander round the town and have something to eat.

I had thought that a lot of the shops would still be open, but there was less than I expected.

We ended up in a bar on the seafront called La Bamba. We had a couple of Gin & Tonic's and Coke lights.

While there we had a long discussion about our possible travel plans and our short and long term future. We have both come to the conclusion and agreement that we don't have any problems not living in the UK any longer. This raised a lot of questions about our house and so on.

We have to do further research with some of the thoughts we had and when we have done that, we can make further decisions.

We then left the bar and went to Goody's, which is a Greek burger chain. We ate in and they provided a proper plate for my meal. I had a Star Richie Barbeque, and Pat had a Green Burger. We followed this with a coffee to take away, they use Jacob's and it's truly
RethymnoRethymnoRethymno

The harbour view from our balcony
dreadful.

It was ten o'clock by now and that was us finished for the night.

An interesting day. You may wonder how we felt about the ferry being cancelled, truthfully it didn't phase either of us one bit. We have always been aware of the vagaries of the Greek ferry services, so it came as no real surprise. We simply thought through our options and moved on to another plan.

As we have no schedule and all the time in the world, it doesn't matter at all, that we are on Crete for a little while longer.

Thursday, 8th January, 2009.

A bright sunny morning. I took some pictures from the balcony as it looked so nice. Need to think about what we are doing today.

On another subject, the travelblog holds various information about how often it is viewed and all that sort of stuff. As at this morning, our travelblog has now been viewed on 1919 occasions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb