House-hunting in Crete


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Elounta
May 2nd 2009
Published: May 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Around the lakeAround the lakeAround the lake

a great place to laze around in Agios
Well, got to live somewhere later in life - London is so expensive, it's impossible...However, decided that Crete wasn't for me - unless I wanted to spend my life rebuilding - starting with a roof! And Kate and I had a great holiday, our balcony overlooked the sea and it was great to be back in this part of the world. But house-hunting for later in life is just going to have to wait a bit longer...

We loved whizzing around having a look everywhere though - Krista was the village I thought looked most likely for me, but not to be. We grabbed a boat out to Spinalonga - the 'Leper Island', now abandoned - a very still place, surrounded by vivid turquoise sea and lots of remnants of the old Turkish architecture, overlaid with more recent buildings - all of it ruined. We both loved the old town in Rethymnon and Kate had a fabulous jamming session with a the owner of a totally eccentric shop!


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Biscuit house, so called becauseBiscuit house, so called because
Biscuit house, so called because

the old lady who lives next door is desperate for a new neighbour and rushed out with biscuits every time I went back to see it...I almost bought it - it had a good roof terrace, but...
Inspecting the roof...Inspecting the roof...
Inspecting the roof...

can I get a roof terrace up there?!
Kate and shop owner Kate and shop owner
Kate and shop owner

- of a wonderful shop - getting ready for an inpromtu jam session! Fantastic...


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb