Bulgaria-Romania


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Thessaloniki
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, here are some more pics that I promised to post...hope you all enjoy!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Alexander NevskyAlexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Sofia... I think the correct way to tour Bulgaria is in a blizzard, or at least that's how we did it.
BulgariaBulgaria
Bulgaria

A cold, cold place; a place I will never forget...even if I want to...
Far  AwayFar  Away
Far Away

When you finally realize how far you are away from home...
RomaniaRomania
Romania

Ahh, Bucharest... communist monuments anyone?
Dracula?Dracula?
Dracula?

The gardens of Bucharest are a major part of the city, and it only takes a little stretch of imagination to envision the otherworldy in the everyday there.
BucharestBucharest
Bucharest

Monumental architecture dominates Bucharest. One can't help but gasp at the size and structure of some of the buildings! However there is one defining feature that is even more interesting... decay. Everywhere you look mammoth buildings never finished after the fall of communism are decaying. It gives the city and a desolate air which is a rather refreshing change from your average European city...
The People's PalaceThe People's Palace
The People's Palace

The largest building in Europe!!! Who knows what it is used for now, but block of residential areas were cleared for this bloated behamoth under the communist rule.
TransportTransport
Transport

Want the real experience of post-communist countries? There's only one way to travel then... in bumpy, squeaky, not so clean, and not heated trains... I reccommend bringing your own toilet paper.
Back to BulgariaBack to Bulgaria
Back to Bulgaria

Everything is square... for those of you who don't know, I have recently had a visa adventure in Bulgaria...basically I was rejected from Greece and sent back to the cold...


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb