Celebration in Glyfada


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Glyfada
March 26th 2011
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and checked out of the hotel. Today we would go over to the Athens Coast. We rode the coastal tram out to Glyfada, which took about an hour. Once there we checked into our hotel, called the Plaza Hotel. It was very nice and the room was a huge two bedroom suite. We had a 2:00pm party to go to at the Glyfada Hard Rock Cafe.

The Hard Rock staff had a table reserved for us and there were a few local pin collectors there to celebrate with us. The cafe gave us our meals and drinks complimentary. They also gave us a big sundae with 100 candles on it. There were lots of photos taken and it really was a fun and festive time for all.

The staff were very kind and they were thrilled to have a 100 cafe visitor in their new cafe. A few hours later, we went to the beach that was across from our hotel in Voula. We watched the beautiful sunset and the girls dipped their feet in the water. When it became dark, we walked back across to the hotel. The girls rested while I went out for some food. I brought back some chicken gyros from Pita Time for us to eat. They were perfect! I sure do miss the Greek food!!!!

We just stayed in the room for the rest of the night and relaxed. We had to be ready for our visit to the Acropolis the next morning. We would also lose an hour of sleep this night due to daylight savings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb