Arrival into Athina


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
March 25th 2011
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We cleared customs and immigration within 15 minutes and walked out to catch the metro into Athens. It was looking to be a beautiful and clear day. The metro ride took about 30 minutes and was packed as we got closer to the city. It was Greek Independence Day and there were lots of people out to celebrate and watch parades.

We rode the metro to the Syntagma Square station and then it was about a 10 minute walk to our hotel near the Plaka. Our hotel was called Metropolis and was fantastic! We had a great view of the Acropolis off of our balcony.

We changed clothes and refreshed so we could hit the city. I also went down to the Athens Hard Rock Cafe to get my 99th "official" visit.

We had lunch in the Plaka and quickly became addicted to Greek salads and gyros. After lunch, we walked towards the Temple of Zeus, Hadrians Arch, Zappeion, National Gardens, and the Parliament to do some sightseeing. Later, we had some dinner at a place right outside the hotel and we had some more yummy gyros and Greek salads! I do not remember the name of the restaurant but is was great, with a great staff. After that, we went to Likavitos Hill and rode the funicular to the top for a view of the city. It was a perfect night and we ended it back in the Plaka for some ice cream. It was about midnight and we were tired so we went back to our hotel for some much needed sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb