Athens to Spetses


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
May 3rd 2017
Published: May 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We met up with 4 of the group who will stay with us on Spetses Island.
The air BnB we'd rented was centrally located in the Plaka area of the city just below the Acropolis. We were able to see plenty and find restaurants and shops on foot. On Thursday, April 27, we met the guide we had hired to give us a walking tour of the area. Stelios, an archeologist, spoke excellent English and was very knowlegeable about ancient and modern history. For my first time in Greece, this was a great introduction. I look forward to seeing more at the end of our stay.On Friday April 28 we made our way to Spetses Island by train, then catamaran ferry. The villa we have rented for a month is just near the ferry port in Dappia, so again, we can see a lot by walking. This is a Venetian villa, on the sea, built about 100 years ago. It sleeps 10-13 people and has spacious sitting areas, including pleasant outdoor areas.After 5 days here, I am loathe to leave the property! After a month on the move in Europe, I am content to hang out here. Weather is pleasant--not too hot. Tourist season is not busy yet. There are few cars on the island. Transport is by horse and carriage, motocycles, boats, on foot. There are lots of good cafés, bars, and restaurants; shops and markets. One night, we cooked 5 different local fish. I have not made bread yet--good local bakeries. The olive oil, olives, cheeses, yogurt are all excellent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb