Athens, One Last Day


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens » Pláka
June 18th 2021
Published: June 18th 2021
Edit Blog Post

A Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown SoldierA Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown SoldierA Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

This is a Sunday uniform along with a special routine
This was to be our last full day in Greece. We couldn’t believe that this would be day 8. Where did the time go?

We’d been told that we had to see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. There is a ceremony on Sunday’s at 11 am that has much pomp and circumstance with special uniforms. The square was only 2 blocks from us so we went there first. What a show. It is difficult to describe and I tried to attach a video but couldn't. But it is a show to see!

We wanted to have one last breakfast at Athena Cook. Demetri was there and remembered exactly what we liked to eat and remembered that I could not eat wheat. Wow, we ate there a week ago, our 1st day in Greece and now our last day.

We had breakfast and took photos of all of us together.

From breakfast we went back to the apartment as it was only across the street. We were hot so sat down to re-coop at bit.

Kim wanted to shop the Flea Market, another Sunday event and Zaya wanted gelato so all 4 of us walked back to our usual place. Zaya got her gelato, I’d wanted some but was way too full.

We went for a bit with Kim into the Flea Market, but I’m not really into shopping and looking at used stuff so we left Kim and went back to the apartment.

The afternoon was filled with packing and repacking, trying to fit everything into our bags, even after we drank 4 bottles of wine during the week. Where did all of our room go?

Ready for our flight in the morning we had some olives, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers and Limoncello on our own balcony. We were where we started over a week ago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb