Say no to Cannon Hotel


Advertisement
Gibraltar's flag
Europe » Gibraltar » Gibraltar
November 24th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Just don´t go there! Its the first wrong recommendation Ive found in the Lonely planet guide. The hotel is really a rooming house. Our room was right over the reception-bar area where the tv sits up high against the floor boards so in our room we listened to the TV show until 12am at loud volume. Since there is an open middle corridor the sounds bang off the walls and you can hear people sneeze. Thats not that bad but next door was a woman with a toddler and a baby. At 4 am the baby started crying and didn´t stop until 8 am. I even knocked on the door because a screaming .. and I mean full volume infant screaming should wake up the adult in the room right? Either the 'adult' wasn´t in the room or the adult was out cold. I knocked a few times and yelled into the room. NOthing on the other side but a screaming infant! Finally at 8:30am the owners son showed up and I told him. He said he would check... Well he made up for the horrible night a bit with a nice big English breakfast of eggs, ham, beans, sausage, tomatoes and toast. I told you big.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb