Round II - 2010


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 1st 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys, I’m back and it’s officially time for Round II. 2009 was amazing, 2010 is shaping up to be great and I can’t wait to see what’s install for 2011!!

Now for those of you who followed my adventures last year you’ll also know that I saw and did some amazing things along the way. And whilst I was busy working on my business as I went along, it’s fair to say that it wasn’t my highest priority.

Well after a busy five months back in Australia I’ve decided it’s time to head off again, this time with a new goal in mind. I want to see if it is actually possible to create a new type of lifestyle, a global one that allows you to really combine business, pleasure and travel all together long term. In principle it might sound easy and nothing that money can’t buy, but in reality I don’t think it is quite that simple. In fact I think it’s a lot more complex than that…..what about family, friends, relationships and stability etc?

Why am I telling you this? Well because originally I started this as just a travel blog for my family and friends. But now with this new goal in mind and a somewhat broader audience I’ve decided to try something a little different. This time round I’m going to focus my blog around the creation of this new global lifestyle and figure out if it is actually possible… long term.

So wish me luck and I hope you enjoy!

Nate

Ps. Oh and nothings changed, my grammer and spelling is still really bad!

Advertisement



11th July 2010

Nirwanah
"really combine business, pleasure and travel all together long term": sounds like Nirwanah if you ask me. Do let me know when you find it, i'll join you! At least you started in the right country, I guess you'll be partying non-stop for the next 72 hours post world cup victory! Though on a more serious note: you may be able to find a lifestyle that suits you, but i suspect it'll be very personal/subjective and not transferable. So no Nathan, you won't be able to write an e-book and commercialise your newly acquired wisdom!
12th July 2010

Hey Nate, Love the blogs.... Are you going to have a wife and kids for this experiment???
12th July 2010

bcn
are you still on schedule to arrive bcn soon? Did you receive our new numbers: 938968982 and 697355461. Hasta pronto, IVOR
19th July 2010

Life's an Adventure
You take a large part of my spirit with you. I set out exactly 53 years ago to go north in Africa to work as a bulldozer operator at Kariba Dam which was then the biggest dam wall ever constructed. That was the start of my adventure in life. The catalyst that will propel you into the future is that you have taken the first step, the step that is the most difficult to take, that break with tradition which says that "rolling stones gather no moss". Standing stones also discover no new continents. So, whatever life may bring you learn to accept it as one of the steps in that adventure of life. Nothing ventured , nothing gained. Most people live their lives like showering in a raincoat. Society tries to bluff you that you should "get a job and settle down". If they had told that to Vasco de Gama and Captain Cook Australia might never have been discovered and you might not be searching for new frontiers. May your live in interesting times. My spirit travels with you. Alec.
20th July 2010

Global Trip
Nathan, I am sooooo envious. All I can say is just enjoy every minute and drink up every beautiful view you see. Love from us all in the Kowie.

Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb