Not Knowing Where to Get Off


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Trier
October 7th 2005
Published: October 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Last night was a lot of fun. All of us internation students participating in the orientation went to dinner. The dinner wasn't anything special, but it also consisted of wine tasting =). This region (as I may have already mentioned) is like the Napa Valley of Germany. It's wine country so each table had a few bottles of different wines from Trier. All of them were white wines and were pretty good. Jaime, Matt and I sat with a girl from Belgium (don't know how to spell her name yet) and Mosuku from Japan. Both are very nice. Sitting at the table right next us was a group from Istanbul. =) It was cool to get to talk with them. They were very nice. It was a fun evening of just getting to know people. We had all ridden the bus there as a group, but getting back to campus we were all on our own. Matt, Jamie (the other two Hamline students), the girl from Belgium and I decided to go back together. Not knowing the bus route, we of course missed our stop. Luckily there were two very nice guys (probably late 20s early 30s) on the bus that realized we were lost and asked us where we needed to go. They told us the stop we could get off at and then walk back to campus. We had nooooooo idea where we were though. One of the guys had to get off at the same stop, so he took us part of the way (the part most difficult to explain) and then told us where we needed to go after that to get back to our Apartment buildings. It was soooo nice of him. It would've been a lot harder to find our way back if he hadn't helped us. Getting lost in Trier wasn't really what we had planned, but it wasn't a horrible experience. I also asked the guy where we should get off when we take that bus again. Always a learing experience.
Today I haven't been up to much. This morning we took the German placement exam so that they can divide us into groups for the rest of the orientation. Every morning we'll have language lessons in our groups so they want to make sure people are with others of the same language ability. It wasn't too difficult, so that was a nice feeling. After the orientation I'll have another placement exam and that will determine what classes I can take. Tonight Jamie, Matt and I are meeting at my place for dinner and dessert and then maybe watching a movie and drinking wine=) ( side note: I was worried about spending too much time with the other Hamline students, thinking that we would speak in English, but the three of us only speak in German even when it's just us =Þ)Should be a nice night. Tomorrow is our tour of Trier. I'm hoping the weather will stay as nice as it is now. Well, I'm gonna get going, gotta enjoy the good weather while it lasts. Ciao!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb