July 22- Meersburg to Ludwigshafen 40km


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

July22 Meersburg to Ludwigshafen: 40km-

Today was just a great day, after way to much food at the Pension we started off on our new plan to get to the Danube. We were looking for a route with the least hills and were confident we had found it! We travelled along and were delighted to stumble upon 2 town festivals where there was music, carnivals, and of course all the local food fair of a festival. I had the best piece of cake ever & we enjoyed the day to the max. We also were lucky enough to meet some people that chatted with us about the bike. In conversation the gentleman mentioned that he was a farmer & that we could sleep in his barn! We jumped at this as Denis, as always, wants to learn as much as possible about things. Before the conversation ended Alfons and Erika had given us contact information and said we could stay with them if we wanted. We continued on and ended the day in Ludwigshafen at a lovely little campground on the Danube. We enjoyed a lovely meal in a fancy restrauant on the river & took our time looking at the new most fascintating sculputure that I've ever seen! It was clearly a very "Political Statement" with all the European leaders involved and covered several different periods in history. Hopefully I can get a picture up of this as it was quite something. No info on it was available & it is something I'll look up when home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb