Koblenz


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Koblenz
September 13th 2010
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: At The Kirmes 28 secs
After checking in at the hotel, we hopped a cab to the town center and started wandering around. During our meandering, we came upon a tent with a band playing inside. After asking at least 4 people what the party was, we finally found out it was an annual fair or kirmes. It turned out this was the last day of the 3 day event, but there were still some people partying pretty hard in the beer tent. The band turned out to be 2 guys with a guitar and keyboard playing both German and American songs. It was kind of funny hearing 2 German boys singing "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees.

We had some fun trying to sing along with the rest of the crowd to one of the German songs. All we got right was the Ja, Ja, Ja part!

We wanted to eat at an authentic German Restaurant, so a waitress in the beer tent gave us the name of one, the Wurstkessel, and we managed to find our way there. It was a schnitzelhaus and kind of a neighborhood tavern/restaurant. It was very good and had the best sauerkraut we've ever eaten.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Weird Sewer CapWeird Sewer Cap
Weird Sewer Cap

Dan & I couldn't figure out if the boy is spitting or puking!
At The WurstkesselAt The Wurstkessel
At The Wurstkessel

Eating schnitzel and brats


16th September 2010

What's schnitzel? And I like that sewer cap! maybe you guys could try to bring one home in your luggage :)
16th September 2010

Schnitzel
Schnitzel is breaded pork or veal (weiner schnitzel is veal) and usually fried. I love it!
21st September 2010

yuck!!
well that sounds slightly gross!! glad you like it :) Are there many vegetarian choices in Germany?!?!
28th September 2010

yuck!
Actually, every restaurant had at least one vegetarian dish.
24th November 2010

When in Germany, eat like Germans
Mom played it safe by ordering the bratwurst! Actually, this restaurant had thin short sausages, unlike what we think of bratwurst. They served it on a bed of sauerkraut. Very good. We never really saw bratwurst served on a bun, like here. That's probably why the Germans are in good shape!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb