Köln (Cologne) 19-22 April 2010


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
April 22nd 2010
Published: April 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The DomThe DomThe Dom

Trying to photo this behemoth of a gothic structure
Hmm, ill keep this one brief methinkgs. We arrived late at night on the train fresh from the loving embrashce of the Colonel and went to bed. The hostels we now book we seem to base so off its proximaty too the hauptbhanhof (main station remember?). This makes it alot easier to get there with our complete lack of german public transport. The major site to see in Cologne is the church. It is a WTF huuuuuge gothic church...took 632 years to build lol and is a fricking amaying building now. Impossible to photograph inside of like a 1km range, which didnt stop me from trying but yeeeah.

I had a swing dance hook up here so we went along....to realise that i cant actually remember how to lindy hop and that anyone who would teach us would be in german sooooo....yeeeaaaa... Not to worry though, 1 euro beers and we watched them dance which was actually really fun. The main point here is that i want to go to dance camp in Sweden. It goes for a month, is amazing all in english and you can learn lindy hop, mamba, african dance, balboa and some other stuff. They have 4 floors of live music every night and they play until the last couple leaves the floor or the first lesson starts at 10 in the morning!! But anyway, you shall here more about this because im in love with it lol. Moral of the story is that CG is more excited about learning to dance for a week in sweden yaaaay!. Other than that, i went for a massive run through cologne which was very cool then we headed on for a short train ride to frakfurt. The rhein river does go through Cologne but we could not bring ourselves to travel on a romantic river cruise lol....i think ill save that experience to do it with a lovely lady at some point.

Köln out!

Nickmillan!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Inside the Dom 3Inside the Dom 3
Inside the Dom 3

hmm oh yeah
Inside the Dom 4Inside the Dom 4
Inside the Dom 4

hoity hmm oh yeah
Park in ColognePark in Cologne
Park in Cologne

sweet forrest park on my run throuh cologne


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb