In the Beginning...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
September 5th 2007
Published: September 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kölner DomKölner DomKölner Dom

Looking up, I thought of Mary Poppins singing: "Feed the Birds..."

Arrival in Cologne, Altenberg, Germany



After 9 hours on the plane from Vancouver to Frankfurt…I have arrived! Next stop is Cologne to meet all of the other Assistant Teachers that will be in Germany for the next 10 months. So I hopped on the ICE fast train from Frankfurt to Cologne and walked out the front doors of the train station, and there straight ahead is the amazing Kölner Dom, and below by the front steps a large group of people with lots of luggage…mmm…could this be the group I am supposed to meet??? Yes, for sure, did we ever stand out! In total around 163 Assistant language teachers (only 4 Canadians and I was the only one from the West Coast) hopped on 4 buses to Altenberg, where we would spend the next couple of days learning how to become assistant teachers in Germany!
We slept in an old Closter, and went for walks in the lush green forest surrounding the Closter. The best night was the talent show—jeez those Americans are talented! I met some amazing people in Altenberg and it was a great way to begin this adventure.
After a few days in Altenberg I was ready
The Dome on a sunny dayThe Dome on a sunny dayThe Dome on a sunny day

Isn't this incredible?
to go back to Cologne and meet up with Mischa. 😊 Together we grabbed a coffee and headed off (with about 1000 pounds of luggage—ahhhhh we brought way too much!) towards the train station to hop on a another ICE fast train to Berlin.

September 3 - 5, 2007
xoxo Hannah




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Girls in AltenbergGirls in Altenberg
Girls in Altenberg

Getting to know all the Assistent Teachers :)
Altenberg MonasteryAltenberg Monastery
Altenberg Monastery

Where I stayed for my retreat. My roomie was from the UK and so sweet


23rd October 2007

I hope our blog is working??
Jenica, mi amor, how did you get peoples comments to appear on your wall??

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb