Goettingen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Lower Saxony » Göttingen
July 10th 2008
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Upon arrival at Goettingen train station we were greeted by our hosts and whisked through the countryside to a little village called Sieboldshausen. As the house was elevated slighty it had a fantastic view to the east and west overlooking other villages and forests. After quite an extensive lunch we headed to a little medieval village called Hannover Munden to look at some amazing old buildings which are over 850 years old.
On our second day we were taken into Goettingen to see an exhibition of items Captain Cook acquired during his journeys around South America, Asia, Australasia and Africa. This was followed by another big lunch (I see a trend here), before our hosts took us out to see a ruined castle nearby. Right as we arrived at the castle there was a massive storm so we took refuge in a restuarant that looked very much like a hunting lodge with lots of stuffed animals and skulls on the walls. After a quick tour of the restuarant we went up to the castle and wandered around. The castle itself had a 360 degree view of the countryside which was great to see with a relatively clear sky.
The following day we said our goodbyes and caught one of the aforementioned ICE trains to Hamburg where would stay one night with a friend we studied with back in 2001.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb