My best friend's wedding


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Fritzlar
June 17th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Carmen & SebastianCarmen & SebastianCarmen & Sebastian

before the registry office part of the wedding in Bad Arolsen
We have been on the road for over 7 months now. We have met a lot of amazing people and experienced many great adventures. However, we also have missed some big events back home. Unfortunatelly some not very happy ones, as both of us have lost a grandmother. Others very happy ones! Andy's cousin got married, CONGRATULATIONS to Sally-Ann and Paul. As this was the first wedding amongst the second generation of the family it was a big event for the Thompson's that we would have loved to be part of. Other lucky ones tied the knot including Emily and Paul and Jennifer and Simon, CONGRATULATIONS to you too!

Before we left for our trip, my best friend Carmen got engaged in July 2006. Being friends for years we always wanted to experience each others weddings and were dreaming of being each other's maids of honour. Our world trip was about to start the same year in December and we were scheduled to come back in December 2007. This was a long time to wait for an excited bride to be if Carmen wanted me to be there and have some time to prepare the wedding. Then it was Carmen
AustraliaAustraliaAustralia

Wedding date announced on Diamond Beach
who had the great idea to get married in the registry office before we left for our journey, only to allow me to be part of it! I was overjoyed, as I did not expect such a special treatment. Of course Carmen wanted the whole white dress church wedding too, but that had to be planned a bit more and therefore was scheduled for 21 July 2007.

In October 2006 we went to Germany to attend the wedding. It was a great ceremony in the "Schreibersches Haus" in Bad Arolsen. The speech given by the registry office clerk moved everyone to tears and so did the kids from Carmen's school (she is a primary school teacher) who surprised us all as they gathered outside the building all with a rose in hand to give to the newlyweds. A great meal provided by the Schlosshotel catering service followed and loads of pictures were taken. To finish the day off we gathered in Carmen's parents house for few more drinks, nibbles and of course some delicious cakes 😊 A great day came to an end, which allowed friends of a lifetime to be together during such an important event of their lives.

Months went past and soon I was receiving emails from again excited Carmen looking for her wedding dress, choosing the wedding location, the food, the music... All these things happened and you would have expected your best friend to be there next to you. Carmen held it not once against me and instead tried to involve me into the preparations as much as possible. Of course I was thinking back and forth about a brief stop in Germany for the white wedding and I was quite upset realising that I would not be able to be there. So during our travels I left little notes for Carmen and Sebastian whishing them all the best for the future and letting the world know about this special moment.

Carmen, Sebastian, we wish you once again all the best for your marriage. Have a wonderful and long life together, many healthy children and grandchildren 😉 Never forget that you can master the quest of life together, no matter what obstacles it will present you with. There are no ups without the downs and no sunshine without the rain. Only love will keep you together and make you strong to experience the real beauty of life. ENJOY!


Everyone, please join us in wishing Carmen and Sebastian all the best for their future and help us to make this entry the best wedding card in the whole world 😊


All our love,
Josie & Andy



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

ShrineShrine
Shrine

This is where the wish is now waiting to come true - I don't think it will have to wait for long ;)
ChinaChina
China

Special wishes from China wishing Carmen and Sebastian a "Happy Marriage!"
GreeceGreece
Greece

Happy marriage also from Eliseo
England / AmsterdamEngland / Amsterdam
England / Amsterdam

Zak desperately wanted to say "Happy Marriage" too but he is English and living in Amsterdam.
SpainSpain
Spain

Javi joins with some wishes from Spain


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb