Zurich to Frankfurt, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
January 10th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0924, 8.68195

One of these days, I'm going to get a decent night sleep, still having trouble sleeping, and it doesn't help when 2 people snore!
We had showers, and we went to the ground floor for breakfast, all we seem to do is eat!! The breakfast was included in this hotel, once again, there is so many choices, breads, croissants, cereals and yogurts, fruits, jams, sliced meats and as always, coffee!!
Our next train to Frankfurt is at 10.00am, so instead of having to go back to get our bags, we took them with us. Today we are leaving Switzerland and heading to Germany. As we are going to a different country, I thought we would need to get our passports stamped, but no sign of any customs place. As we were early, our train time wasn't even listed on the board yet, this train station being so huge, there were so many trains leaving ahead of ours. We found a comfy place to sit and Clint stayed with the bags, while Nikki and I shot off to the shops within the station. I was so nervous that we wouldn't be able to find Clint again, as there is so many different directions heading off from the main row of shops. We managed to find a shoe shop as my boots were starting to lose the heel, these boots have walked all over London, Scotland, Norway, Paris, Hong Kong, China, and now Switzerland. I did get the heel glued in Geneva, but it seems to be breaking in a different place now. Nikki and I came away with 2 pairs of boots each, my 1st real thing I have bought.
Well, we thought we better get back to Clint as he may have been wondering where we are, so after walking for a long time, although we did take the wrong turn, we found him.
Nearly time for the train now so we found the big train board, found our train, bound for Frankfurt, platform 14 and waited for the train to arrive. This train is the ICE train, Inter City Express and this one only travelled 160km/ hour from what we saw on the sign. We travelled in first class, allocated seats, and had our luggage close by. For anyone thinking about doing train/ Eurail pass through Europe, this is defiantly the way to go, so easy to get around, trains are always on time, and it's so relaxing sitting back and watching the views.
We had been on the train for a while and decided to check out what's happening in the dining room. We ordered sausages in a curry sauce, Nikki had a ham and cheese baguette and we also had a glass of wine. We waited for the lunch to be ready and while waiting, we saw this cute little puppy with a nappy on, with the owner feeding the puppy from the table, treating it like a child, this poor dog was sort of like a chihuahua, with massive ears.
We took our lunch back to our seats and it was delicious. Checking in with Flightradar, we watched Melanie's plane arrive into Adelaide, knowing she has arrived home safely.
The whole time we were on this train, it had snowed snd it was still snowing. We weren't that far away from arriving into Frankfurt when suddenly the train came to a screeching halt, all you hope is that there's no crash at the end, we waited on the train and then an announcement came saying a train ahead had broken down on the track. This delayed us for a bit, but soon we were off again.
Arriving into Frankfurt, again we are amazed at the size of these train stations, so many trains, people and shops, they just seem to buzz.
From here, I googled where our hotel was, and we had about 200 metres to walk. We checked into our hotel, and they said there wasn't a triple room available so they gave us a double room and a single room for Nikki. The look on Nikki's face was 'finally, a room to herself look!!'
We had a quick change, Nikki putting on her new boots and like always, we headed out to explore what was around. We seem to have walked for miles and already Nikki's feet were sore. We found the shopping area, and once again Clint headed off on his own, exploring the city, taking crazy selfies, while Nikki and I found some shops. Luckily for me, Nikki didn't want to stay shopping as her feet were way to sore. We then started heading back to our hotel which was at least 1.5km away
With snow starting to fall again, eventually we reached the hotel.
Nikki couldn't wait to get her shoes off and Clint and I having a quiet drink.
For dinner, ( not they we needed it) we walked 2 blocks down to an Irish Pub, and got a table, Nikki had a chicken burger, Clint had a chicken Kiev and I had fish and chips!!
Again, coming back to the room feeling 5kgs heavier, we just left Nikki at her room and we went back to ours. Another day with so much jammed into it!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



11th January 2017

Love the selfies Clint.
11th January 2017

Love Clint's selfiies, the Eurail is great, they're train system is so efficient, you won't see any customs and passport control in Europe (apart from when you arrive in Europe) that's why refugees try to get there, no border control, you t
ravel from country to country without showing your passport. Have fun and stay warm.
11th January 2017

Clint if you don't know which one to drink have both , lol
11th January 2017

What happen did the girls leave you , you look soooo lonely , but then You get a break from shopping again , nice scenery
11th January 2017

No sue you can't drink that , keep walking girl
11th January 2017

I'm laughing sooo much at Clint your so funny
11th January 2017

It's not find walls , its find Clint lol
11th January 2017

Wally I ment
11th January 2017

Look a the scary tree behind Clint , you are haven so much fun , I do love the pix of Clint , that's for the beautiful picture again
12th January 2017

What do you mean....the first real thing you have bought? Guess my gold watch is still in the shops lol.
12th January 2017

Always on the go! still that's what you do I suppose. all that walking should kill off the kilos. it looks very cosy in the train.....Clint is in short sleeves. Loving the photos and the commentary .
12th January 2017

Did Sue just return from shopping??
14th January 2017

Great stuff as usual...clever phots Mr Bean.... xxx

Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb