The start of our 6-Month adventure through Europe, Greece, Balkans, & Morocco.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On 9th May we fly to Perth to see our son and daughter-in-law Adam and Ange for 4 days before flying to Frankfurt, Germany to see our friends Kevin & Julia who we met in Africa. Kevin has been most helpful with the issue of us buying a motor home in Germany. He found that as foreigners, we cannot register and insure a vehicle in Germay/Europe so we have had to go to Plan "B".... and that is buy a vehicle through Turner Cars and Campers in The Netherlands where they find vehicles for us and check them out mechanically and negotiate a good price for us. They have found a way so that we can register and insure a vehicle as foreigners in Europe. We will be going by train from Frankfurt to Utrecht which is in the Netherlands on 15 May.

And after our 6 months tripping around Europe, we can keep the vehicle and store it in Utrecht, Netherlands ready for next year's Europe holiday (Scandinavian countries etc). Sounds good to us so that is what we are going to do.

Tomorrow we fly to Perth at 5.30pm. We have a house sitter organised so we are ready and excited.

We have recently learned that our daughter Kerrie and our very special grand daughter Gemma (who is now going to school) is going to meet us in Paris in September (after a week in London) and drive throught northern France and northern Italy to Venice with us for 2 weeks. We will be buying a 4-berth motor home so that should work very well. They will then fly out of Venice on 8 October ready for Gemma to start back at school on 9 October. We will really look forward to that.

One of the reasons for sending this 'pre-holiday blog' is to give you an opportunity to 'unsubscribe' if you don't want to receive blogs from me while we travel through Europe. We won't be sending them as frequently as we did while we were travelling through South America in 2011 and Africa in 2012 but non-the-less, I wouldn't want to burden your email if you did not want to receive my blog details.

I hope you are all well and enjoying life......as we all only have one life to enjoy!!!! Live today like there is no tomorrow!!!

Love Pam & Tom

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb