Flying Air India to Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
July 29th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Flying to Frankfurt



I've never been to Germany before. Might have flown over the territory on my previous trips to the UK, but never really stepped on German soil. This time, we had to catch a train from Frankfurt on our way to Basel, Switzerland.

We flew Air India this time. This was my first tryst with the national carrier. Not that they grossly disappointed, but then I was mentally prepared for some motherly care, knowing that this airline simply refuses to retire its fleet of air-hostesses ! I think their aircrafts are much younger and fitter !

We had to connect via Delhi, and I must say the airline did a fair job in keeping all the passengers in their respective corners at the Delhi Airport. The Flight from Kolkata to Delhi carried some 200 odd passengers who had to be branched off to different destinations from Delhi, namely - Frankfurt/Chicago, New York, Toronto.

The recently re-furbished IGI airport in New Delhi is a treat I must say. The whole area is very well furnished, equipped and laid out. The best news - they have lovely smoking areas where you can also bring in your coffee and cola and there are enough places to sit and smoke ! I used to adore the Dubai International Airport simply because it has a few smoking rooms. But IGI has won my heart !!

We flew Air India because it offered us the best ticket price. This price comes at a price though ! No drink was served on board, and this was supposed to be an International flight ? You got to be kidding !

Advertisement



16th August 2009

way to go
great .... now we will enjoy some writing with the fabulous pics ... kintu chhobigulo koi. waiting for the real stuff.

Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb