The Flight Home


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
July 25th 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

There has been a serious delay in posting this entry. This was due to lack of high-speed access for the last few days and a busy schedule to Toronto and back and to Toronto again to see Adele's final show at Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts and to attend her graduation ceremony. More about that later.

First though, the flight home. Our flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt was short and sweet. When we got to the gate in Frankfurt we were directed to see an agent regarding our tickets. Turns out our seats were sold and they had to issue us different tickets. Originally Lenora and I were not sitting together so Lenora asked if we were together now with these new tickets. Well, the lady said, sort of -- you are across from one another in first class!!! What luck! We found ourselves in a small first class cabin with the new pods that fully extend for sleeping and were pampered all the way back! After two hard days working our way back in the heat from Zagreb we really felt like we deserved it! It was very nice. A whole new world up there -- no wonder they keep the curtain closed!

We arrived in Toronto on time at 7:30 pm and drove to Cobourg to spend a few days relaxing and recovering from the jetlag and the travel with Joanie and Greg. And that we needed more than we realized.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb