Wednesday, June 17th - Finding a Spa


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
June 17th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Leah the Black CatLeah the Black CatLeah the Black Cat

Visiting with Karin and Roland
Today was a quiet day because tomorrow is the big birthday part for Aunt Eva and we need to rest up. We went for our regular short morning walk and took a ride to visit Brian’s cousin, Karin and her husband Roland. Their home is beautiful and they made us a fresh asparagus salad. We came right at the time of year for fresh white asparagus which is awesome. With some great ham and egg in the salad and some crusty bread and wine, it's gourmet fare. Their cat, Leah, was a prrrrfect host. We've been finding black cats everywhere we go but they haven't been "crossing our path" so no bad luck (we hope). We're going with the theory that if they let you pet them and purr, it cancels out the superstition. After lunch, we drove to Bad Durkheim to scout out a spa for Amy. Those of you who know her know that we have to find a spa wherever we go in the world! Then we took a quick ride to see Brian’s cousin, Britta, and got to visit with her daughters, Anna and Lotte, and their Bernese Sennenhund (Bernese Mountain Dog for those in the U.S.), Millie. Brian loves having "dog time." We went back to Aunt Eva’s house and called it a day. Even restful days don’t have much extra time so we’re a little behind in uploading to the blog - we’ll catch up soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb