World Cup


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
June 13th 2006
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I got to exprience a world cup soccer game on June 13th, 2006 in Frankfurt Germany.

The game was Togo VS Korea at 3p local time.

Me and my friend arrived that day the game started and first figured out how to get to the game via public transit. As on the ticket it advised that you had free public transit all day on the subways/public transit all day. The problem was trying to figure out the public transit which was all in German.

The crowds were crazy going from the subway to the game were rediculas as the stop to the stadium was a 5 to 10 min walk. Along the way to the stadium they had lots of illegal venders selling country flags, shirts and memorbelia. On the ticket it said to enter in on specific sides of the arena and had arrows pointing to the right direction for each coulor.

Once you found your coulor entrance you had to go through some strict secruity they checked all your bags and patted everyone down and using medal detactors. The lines were long and once you got past this you were still not at the entrance to the stadium still a bit of a walk.

From just out side of the arena you started seeing official vendors for the world cup merchandise which was expensive but only found there.

We got there early so we could absorbe all of what was going on. My section of the stands was quite mixed fans of looked like different countries and fan types. But by far majority of the crowd was all red cheering on for the Koreans. From the moment they got to there seats to left there seats were allways standing chanting, dancing, playing traditional music all the way though.

For Togo they had some small patches here and there of fans but not very many. They were not chanting like the Koreans but very excited to be there. After all this was there first world cup.

On the screen before the game they showed fans, the teams arriving, famous/well known people of Togo vs Korea. Plus lots of interviews with various people.

Before the telecasts the teams were warming up in the warm up uniforms and seemed to have there regular warm up routine down quote well.

For the opening part they introduced the players, they walked out together with young kids and stood of the national antheim of both teams. The captians shock hands and traded crests.

During the game there was such a feel of energy in the stadium. The way Korean fans to Togo fans went on was a vast differnencee. Koreans were dominated in the crowd about 90% the were always chanting. The togo fans about 5% were always cheering "Go Togo, Go Togo" and it was clear. The other 5% were mixed fans of other countries. I was personaly an England fan.

During the game the final score was 2 - 1 korea winning. All the goals were scored on my end which was the blue section behind the net.

It was a large crowd to get out and the Koreans were dancing and singing outside all dressed in traditional Koren shirts and using interments.

This was an amazing experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb