World Championships 2010 - Before the opening ceremony


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Schwangau
May 9th 2010
Published: May 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Team leader briefingTeam leader briefingTeam leader briefing

Weather man Volker is just explaining the weather situation.
This morning, the weather did not look too bad. The sun was out. There were some high clouds, but still, it looks like a flyable day. Pilots are going up the hill already. The general weather situation does not look too good, though. It looks as if there will be a lot of rain during the next days.

Registration had started yesterday, and it is still going on until 12 today. At nine this morning, we had a team leader briefing. Pilots will have the opportunity to fly today, but they have to be back fairly early because there will be a mandatory safety briefing that all pilots have to participate in at 3:15. The opening ceremony will start at 5 tonight.

The team that is organising the Worlds here is pretty international. Australian Heather Mull is the meet director. I’ve already worked with her in some competitions (Bogong Cup and Men’s Worlds last year, Men’s Pre Worlds the year before). Olli Barthelmes (originally German, but lives in Australia) is the Safety Officer, and he brought his wife Carol (from Australia) along who is helping, too. German Dieter Münchmeier organised the competiton, together with local Benno Osowski and Regina Glas and many others. My friend Rebi is in charge of the press, and she is assisted by Corinna’s brother Florian. There are two air marshals, Mart Bosman (Dutch) and Bo Klint, who will make sure that there is no dangerous flying, and they will report to Heather what is going on in the air.

That’s the news for today. I’ll be back with some pictures from the opening ceremony and probably from flying today.

For more news, you can also have a look on the blog Rebi created especially for the Worlds, which is http://2010wm.blogspot.com. She also made a nice little video, which you will find
">here.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb