Porsche and Rothenburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Rothenburg ob der Tauber
June 27th 2013
Published: June 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left the Nurburg Ring this morning and headed to Stuttgart "the home of the Porsche" and visited the Porsche Museum. We saw an interesting exhibit about the 50 year history of the 911 series sports car.

From there we took the Autobahn to Rothenburg. This was not a part of our original plan to stop here but we are sure glad we did. The medieval city is beautifully preserved and exactly what we were hoping to experience in Germany. The city center was protected during WWII and most of the original buildings from the early 1300's still stand. Some of the buildings are currently under renovation but we still we able to see most of what Rothenburg had to offer.

The town is surrounded by a towering wall that you are able to walk around, and of course we did. When we arrived most of the tourist groups were gone for the day so we were able to wander in and out of the little Christmas shops and look at all the beer stines...we had a wonderful dinner at Gasthof Goldener Greifrn where we sampled soups, pork pot roast and potato pancakes(Erica's Favorite).

Next we gathered with about 75 other English speaking tourists in the market square for the Night Watchman's Tour. We had such a great time learning about the history of the city and listening to this gifted storyteller, a highlight of our trip so far!

We continued to explore the city and headed off to Nordlinger where we are staying tonight...our trip down the Romantic Road in Bavaria has begun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb