Deeked out by the weather


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Regensburg
June 25th 2016
Published: June 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Since we left Dillingen we've had another pleasant couple of days cycling beside the Danube. The route changes between following the bank of the river and passing through woods and fields. There are many picturesque villages along the way, and we stayed in one (Marxheim) two nights ago, then, last night, in a larger town (Ingoldstadt) full of 18th century buildings.

All week the forecast has predicted sun until Friday, then furious thunderstorms on Saturday. Based on this we decided to take the train from Ingolstadt to Regensburg today. Well, there was a bit of rain overnight but when we woke up the sun was shining! We took the train anyway - having paid for it already - so that would have lots of time to explore the town, which has lots of amazing churches and other historic buildings (including a bit of Roman wall).

On the train a group of young men wearing lederhosen sat near us and quaffed beer from the crate they'd brought with them. And there was a second group further down the car doing the same! Is this a normal Saturday activity for young German men?

Tomorrow we turn south, back toward Munich, leaving the Danube and making for a smaller river, the Isar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb