Bavaria 2023


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Regensburg
June 18th 2023
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Bavaria Day 13
Heading north west today following the Danube (Donau) as much as possible up to Regensburg. There were a few deviations caused by work on flood defences, although not currently since the river is very shallow in places. We stopped at about 30k for coffee and cake vans then a brief stop in a bus shelter for a snack at about 70k. There was a large tour boat sailing down the river and some jet skies and motor boats flying around. There was plenty of wildlife with swans,geese, dragonflies, herons and ducks in abundance. Unfortunately there was about 50% of the way was in white gravel roads which were often in a straight line and below the river bank so quite tedious. The last 30k was smooth tarmac so much better. As we rode into town we were surrounded by hoards if people attending a 2 yr festival and had difficulty making progress along the streets. After a shower a walk into the town squares we discovered some wonderful buildings again and the exquisite St Peter church which was surrounded by pop bands, food and trade stalls plus 1000,s of people. Very exciting. The evening meal was at the Brahaus am Schloss near the castle and was really good with good Dunkle Bier.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement







Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb