European Odyssey Day 3


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
December 21st 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 3, and once again we sleep until noon, and even then it was hard to get up! Groggy as we were, we pulled ourselves out of bed. Timmo and Judith volunteered to take Carter and Camille to a water park, while Renee and I went exploring in Nürnberg! Wow, the kids were thrilled and Renee and I got to pretend it was our Honeymoon again!

Janni had to go back to school, so Timmo dropped Renee, Janni and I off at the Erlangen train station (Hauptbahnhof). Janni taught us how to negotiate the ticket machine, and, most importantly when to buy the local Bavarian family trip ticket. For 25 euros a family of four could travel anywhere in Bavaria for 24 hours! But, the train to Nürnberg was only 2.50 euros, so, we'd use the Bavarian ticket the next day.

At the Nürnberg train station we said goodbye to Janni (who headed home to Amberg) and then Renee and I wandered around the Christmas Market (more Glühwein, more Nürnberger sausages on fresh rolls with mustard). We manage to only buy a few things, just toys for the kids, before we had dinner. Renee saw an Irish Pub and wanted to eat there. We got inside and I asked about the food and the guy gave me a funny look and said, "Nur trinken" - only drinks! We found the usual German style restaurant then took the train back to Erlangen.

Once again, another restless night of waking up at all hours, although Renee slept better than the rest of us. The next day our plan called for leaving Timmo behind and striking out on our own to Würzburg.

Advertisement



22nd December 2009

No Sleep!
I'm getting sleepy just reading this. This trip is not for wennies!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb