European Odyssey 2009 Day 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
December 19th 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, I'd like to say that after we went to bed we all slept peacefully until the next morning.... but that's no where near true. At one point I was up with Camille watching TV at,... oh let's say 4 in the morning. I eventually fell asleep on the couch with her, but she was still wide awake. Once it got light outside and Camille could see it was snowing, that was another big round of surprise and excitement. Well, we all did finally fall asleep by probably 7am local time.

At noon Timmo's brother, Janni, arrived and gently woke us all up,... still, *very* hard to get up, and even more difficult getting Carter and Camille up. After a small breakfast (just cereal and fruit), Janni and I went off to the local equivalent of Home Depot, called Obi, to look for child booster seats. It turned out that after a little research that all kids under the age of 12 needed to have booster seats in Germany. So at the Obi, which was conveniently colored a bright orange, just like Home Depot, Janni and I finally managed to locate the booster seats, and make our way back home.

So then we were ready for the drive to Nürnberg to do a little exploring before it got dark, which is pretty early (like 5 o'clock). Once we got into town, we parked and then wandered around a bit before we found the Nürnberg Train Museum. We'd visited there on our last trip and the kid's liked it so we tried it again. We were only there for about an hour and a half before they closed for the evening. Then we headed into the city center to have a cup of Glühwein before meeting a friend of ours (Kris) for dinner.

This was Renee's favorite Glühwein experience, because they had a fire and the whole place was covered, so it was almost warm! Soon Kris joined Janni, and the rest of us and we went to the Barfüsser (Barefeet) restaurant for dinner. Hmmm, barefoot sounded like a strange name when it was just below freezing out, but the food was good, and the beer was better!

After dinner we braved the cold to find our car and headed home. Once again it was another restless night of waking up around 3am, watching TV with Camille, switching beds with the kids (Carter played with his Nintendo until his battery drained!) and finally falling asleep as the sun rose...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb