Bavaria 2023


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Dinkelsbühl
June 10th 2023
Published: June 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Bavaria D6
The Taj Mahal was a good choice for a change of cuisine with a vast menu. Afterwords I walked with Bob on part of the wall, which is quite long and a very solid structure in good condition giving good views of the town below. This morning he walked the whole if it in 1 1/2 hrs before breakfast.
Todays route was fairly flat with the odd hill or two in arable country and typical pleasant villages. Many had the long poles with a straw tyre around them half way up. I gave yet to find out what they are. The skies are blue and the temperature is still in the mid twenties.
15k from the end we took a diversion to either a McDonalds or an Aral fuel station with shop and restaurant for a coffee and cake. Dinklesbuhl is very much like Rothenburg with a wall around and many tall, impressive Bavarian buildings with all roads leading in to the old town through arches in the walls. The Goldner Hirsch Hotel is right on the Main Street in the old town and is quite old with ensuite rooms. My single room is quite small but has an amazing mattress which I can’t wait to try out. In fact I spent an hour on it this afternoon just to test it, of course. The streets are full of diners and drinkers (many with big beer bellies) and many electric bikes riding up and down. Quite an exquisite town and very popular with tourists. A must place to visit if in Germany.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement




Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb