Oktoberfest


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Bamberg
January 21st 2006
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Joe and I took a trip to see the newlys weds, Shawn and Matt, in Germany. You could feel the Fall season with colors of red, orange and yellow surrounding the country. We had a quiet night in Schwietford (sorry for the poor spelling) though it didn't even seem like Germany since we were in a Mexican Restaurant and everyone around was speaking English. You see...there is a big American army base there and the town isn't that big so there is quite a few Americans around. Joe and I were able to get onto the base and we thought it was so funny how it was just like a little America there-we paid with Euros at Burger King and got back American dollars and the gas stations have all American products so I had stock up on my peanut butter, brownie mix, gum and reses cups.

We took a train to Bamburg and ended up doing a bit of a pub crawl to several beer halls. One beer hall brewed a beer that tasted exactly like baked ham. Being that the beer was a bit stronger over there, Joe ended up being the only person dancing in a bar without a dance floor and Shawn and I had to test out the famous street doner kebabs. Bamburg is such an old city with its coble streets, cathedral and buildings. Our trip was way too short but we had to say dunka to Shawn and Matt for a wonderful time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



22nd January 2006

Exciting Stuff!!
Hey Erin, I just wanted to tell you that I have just read all of your blogs and checked out your pics and I love them! You look like you are having a blast! Keep up the fun and the blogs. I come home in two months--what about you?? Are you thinking of being forever an Irish Lassie? miss you, kalin
26th January 2006

Well done
Just a quick comment to say i found your journal very informative and an easy read. Well done and best of luck.

Tot: 0.503s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb