Overland 1972 - Day 10


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Augsburg
February 22nd 1972
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 - Tuesday 22nd February

Augsburg is about 50 miles North West of Munich so hopefully the journey will be quick. I walked to the Autobahn and success, the first lift was direct to Munich and in fact, the driver dropped me outside of Jochen's hospital at noon. Jochen had a broken jaw and so was not very communicative. The orderly kindly provided me with some lunch and I head off to register at the Youth Hostel. Time for some sightseeing and the Deutsche Museum was recommended - meet Michael and Heather. Very impressive especially the mining exhibition plus bridges, rivers and transport - alas the astronomy section was closed. Next stop Post Restante for any mail. We meet some English and Norwegians who are working in Munich and we go back to their accommodation (Elizabeth, Beryl, Randi and 2 others who had visited Bournemouth). They kindly provided dinner and some beer. Another very pleasant evening and it is this interaction with other nationalities which makes travelling so much fun. Beryl and Elizabeth walked us to the tram and we arrived back at the YH at 11pm. Munich YH was a fairly stern unwelcoming place and my bedroom was large (16 beds) - not one of my favourites.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb