Napathon


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Augsburg
June 16th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I mostly slept on thelfight to Frankfurt. Or at least tried to sleep. It was fine with headphones in and a little music playing, but as is to be expected, not that comfortable for long periods of time. I also managed to enjoy a couple of episodes of Extras, a couple of in flight meals, and a couple of tiny wines.

Customs in Frankfurt was fun. I approached the passport checkpoint....

No questions asked.

Thanks!

I love European customs. They seem to just get it. Or at least they don't have the intense paranoia that we're used to seeing.

Oh, and their H1N1 screening consisted of a sign, way off to the side (so I'm sure 98% of travelers didn't even notice it), and it just had some information on it. Pandemic what?

We collected our bags and headed to the center of Frankfurt. Food was the first need we satisfied, kicking our trip of right with some schnitzel. Sleep was the second need we satisfied. We went to a park by the river and just slept on our bags for about an hour and a half.

Still laggy, we caught our train to Augsburg to meet up with Jo and Curtis for our first night in Europe. We had emailed them, and had tried to phone them, but couldn't figure out the phone number. To use the zero, or not ot use the zero. That is the question. To summarise, we called some German stranger twice before giving up.

I napped on the train.

We were leaving the train station in search of a phone when Jo came around the corner on her bicycle! She got our message... last minute, but she got it! It was funny though since she had her bike. We had to take the transit, while she rode her bike ahead of us and met us at the stop where we had to transfer, and met us at the stop where we had to get off. She proved that bicycles are faster than transit, even in Europe.

We went out to the local beer gardens, which just opened up this year, for some food and drinks. I also rode on some hand piston car thing which I have no idea how to describe it. It was very challenging until I suddenly got the hang of it.

Did I mention it was designed for children?

Not important...

I also had a nap there.

Jo and Curtis are such awesome people, and such awesome hosts that we really should have planned to spend more time there....

...Next time?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb