Fitting Into A Rental Car


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Amberg
June 27th 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ever onward! We went to the airport to exchange cars at Avis.

Another travel hint: cars may be rented for a maximum of 28 days on a contract. This is whether you rent and extend by the week or just a lump sum. After 28 days the contract must be renewed.

The next car was a Peugeot 5008, getting 57mgp. I do not understand why we can’t buy these cars in the U.S. It is a SUV with seating for 6, 5 with the back seat down.

We got to AVIS and got into the return line with our van. I asked the return agent if we could park in the front and unpack the van then pack the Peugeot. He said yes and pulled the van up to the front of the office. I got the Peugeot and pulled it up next to the van.

We had so much stuff, we wondered if it would all fit. The rear seat was down so in went: 2 large duffle bags, 4 rolling carry ons, 5 back pack carry on’s, 1 back pack camera bag and 2carry on duffle bags, an ice chest, our Ferrari bag plus 1
Dinner in a Beer GardenDinner in a Beer GardenDinner in a Beer Garden

A Beer garden in the old city of Amberg
wheel chair. People stood around watching as we packed everything in without an inch to spare. Stuff was everywhere: in the cargo, on the floor of the passengers seating and front passenger flooring. The spectators clapped and cheered when we were able to close the rear door.

Ghislain had made a map for us to enter and to exit the airport. It was perfect and we found our way to the highway. I had goggled the instructions to Amberg and everything went well.

OMG I love the Autobahn! Once out of Belgium there is no speed limit. Fly like the wind, but just make sure you move over when there is someone faster behind you. Dale didn’t once when he was driving and the person who flew by on the right blared their horn at him. Me? Well let’s just say that I just had a great time when I drove. We must bring the Ferrari!!!



We met up with Dieter and went straight to an ice cream place. We 1st met at an ice cream place so this is our tradition when it is not freezing in winter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.527s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb