Said there was a view and there wasn't


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We're on holiday so why not relax and not whizz off somewhere? We took a gentle boat trip around Lake Titisee this morning which doesn't take long and is very sedate. The lake becomes busy with rowers, boaters and peddle boats as the day goes on. It was formed by a previous glacier which filled the valley and is now just 41m deep and eventually drains into the Rhine River. Afterwards there was the obligatory coffee followed by purchasing nice fresh baguettes for lunch. It sure beats the tough slabs of bread we got the other day.

It appears a fairground is coming to town. Huge trucks arrived with all sorts of fairground gear and deposited it in a large carpark close to where we're staying. Hopefully it'll take them the rest of the week to set it up and we'll be gone by then.. The High Season is about to begin and no doubt all the razz-ma-tazz that goes with it.

The person on the boat made note of the fact that the high hill near Titisee, called Hochfirst, at 1190m had great views right out to the Swiss Alps. We figured that this could be a good place to walk to and admire the view. We set off in the car from Neustadt steeply uphill to a parking area and started walking. It was hot but with tall trees around there was some shade. Eventually we arrived at the TV aerial atop the hill and what could we see? Trees! Only trees. Oh, and of course, a restaurant. The only way we could have got a view from there was up the TV tower. We met two people only - a cyclist and a walker so it was a lovely quiet walk, even if non productive. We had thought that the path would lead from Saig on the other side of the hill and since it didn't we drove there afterwards. At least there were nice views from here out to rolling green pastures backed by the forest of the Black Forest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb