Overland 1972 - Day 8


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
February 20th 1972
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - Sunday February 20th

It is nice to have a day without worrying about packing one's rucksack and hitchhiking. Enjoyed a long lie-in and had breakfast at 11am and then played table tennis in the garden. Lunch was brilliant - steak cooked with fruit, asparagus, rice and beans - excellent especially the sauce. In the afternoon we were taken 9 pin bowling and then in the evening we went sightseeing in Stuttgart. We were driven to two different hills so that we could look down on the layout of Stuttgart and then went for a walk in the centre. Clearly this region of Germany was very affluent as further confirmed by the smart shops. Places visited - central park, the opera house (a performance had just finished and so we could look inside), the lake and the Baden-Wurttemburg parliament Palace which was built in 17th century. We also had a short trip on a tram.

Back to Sylvia's for a glass of wine and some chat before heading to bed.

Our next student friend is Jochen who lives in Memmingham but alas he has had an accident and is recovering in hospital in Munich. So tomorrow we will head to Munich.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb