today's the big day


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

so todays the day,australias playing in about 10.5hours and im quite excited indeed.

the fifa ticket office wouldnt change our tickets into our names but said it should be ok as there happens to be no name on our tickets,only a company name....

the stadium is right next door to the mercedes and porsche factories and museums, which look amazing and are free of charge.

Stuttgart is a fairly nice city from what i can tell,the first day here Ben and I got a fine on the train for not having our tickets on us, we had left themin our lockers. I refused to give the woman my passport so she inspected my drivers licence with a fine toothed comb and upon realising we were australian she looked at the other ticket inspector and they both said 'australian' as though it was the norm or expectation...

I told them they look stupid, in german of course.

SO tonight we head to the stadium, we're fairly confident of being allowed to enter, our understanding is that they only check 50 from 50000 tickets, so cross your fingers and pray we have some luck. also,i think we're sitting with the croatians..........

we're staying at Ramonas house at the moment, which is massive (4 levels) and is a fairlyhuge farm kind of thing, and we'll most likely start working next week... which is apparently very hard. Not good considering my back is screwed after lifting an apparently large child into the air and bouncing around after aus won last week.

The aus game is NOT on tv here, something to do with the lack of ANY PLANNING AT ALL on the organisers behalf, and the fact that every german has brazilian blood flowing through their veins. But we'll be at the game.

anyway,hope everyone is having fun doing whatever they do. Get up and watch the game

love sam
xoxox

Advertisement



25th June 2006

Your oldest friend
Hey loser, Sounds like your having fun, however i have had enough of soccer. Sorry everyone, but i have. Crucify me later. Lets move on to more important things- what happen with this waitress??? was coffee the only hot thing on the menu? P.s am having my 21st on the 29th of July, so if you could be deported by then it will be greatly appreciated. There will be a bucking bull and you can even dress up as a cowboy! Yeeeeeeeeeeeee ha LUCY :) P.P.S STAY SAFE

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb