Stuttgart and Black Forrest


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
June 12th 2018
Published: June 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Obernai to Stuttgart and Black Forrest for the Day


All I can say is thanks Rose...Tick two of my bucket list off in one day:


• Driving on the No Speed Limit Auto Barn.
• Porsche Museum in Stuttgart.



Firstly the Auto Barn, not so intimidating as you would think, I topped at 150km, but what can you do in a 2.0 Diesel. Nearly at Stuttgart we passed a couple of car transporters with a range of classic cars including this super rear 23 window Kombi Camper van. Then at the end of that was the Porsche Museum, a spectacular place with all the cars you have dreamed about over the years. It was a car enthusiasts and multimedia dream. They have done it so well, see the photos for a few of my favourites, the obvious is the 356, but I have never seen a pre sixties 356, look at the shaved door handles, these were standard. Rose found Sally from the Cars movie and she agreed to take a photo for Elliot and Kennedy. Lastly I only recently discovered that Porsche made tractors and this was a beauty.

After Porsche we drove down to the Black Forest for Gateau (they call it cake). On the way we stopped at a rest stop for a boot lunch, but it started to pour, so our boot lunch was upgraded to a back seat lunch with the back of the passenger seat pushed flat for a table. Peugeot actually have this as a selling feature...go figure.

When we arrived at the small town of Gurtach there was an Open Air Museum, which essentially is a restored original town from the 1600's and showed how the families lived, worked and invented time saving devices. We were fascinated that their houses were three stories and in the ground floor was storage for all their animals and the kitchen plus dining room, the middle floor was the family sleeping area and hay storage and the top floor would allow the houses to turn a carousel which powered the stone wheels, and housed the other agricultural machinery. I can not forget we had coffee and the best Black Forest Cake you could ever have.

What a great day even though it was a bit of driving.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb