Arrival


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Leimen
October 14th 2012
Published: October 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So… the flights were a success. We had an hour and a half flight to Charlotte on our tiny regional plane. Soon after takeoff in Milwaukee as we were flying close to Lake Michigan Allison turned to me and said, “Look Daddy, I can see all the way to California from here,” which drew some laughs from the rows behind us. She enjoyed her window seat. J We landed in Charlotte and had just enough time to make it to our flight to Frankfurt.

On our flight to Frankfurt we had the 4 middle seats as the plane was 2x4x2. I remember being a passenger on long flights without kids and hoping beyond hope the little baby didn’t park next to me. Well, now we were the ones getting the looks (PLEASE don’t sit by us). Not to worry because the girls did wonderful!! Allison loved having a TV on the seat in front of her and watched more TV in one sitting than she ever has in her life. She had a hard time falling asleep because it was too bright and ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep. Ava got about 3 ½ hours of sleep in between her eating and a couple laps around the plane. Mandy and I rested for about 30 minutes a piece. We took a van to Leimen (4km outside of Heidelberg) and all fell asleep for part of the ride.

We have a nice short term 2 bedroom apartment that the girls are enjoying playing together in. Saturday night was the first night that everyone slept through the night. Friday night was the worst. The girls were up for almost 3 hours. The two nights before that we were all up for about 1-2 hours a night with Allison having the most trouble (“Mommy, I can’t fall asleep”). We’ve had a couple of rainy days but the others have been nice with the temps around 60 degrees.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb