Paris, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 5th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8567, 2.35099

Our last was a busy one. We took the shuttle to Paris for a couple of hours. Bob wanted to take more pictures of the Eiffel Tower. The shuttle dropped us off at Petit Palace and the walk to the Eiffel Tower was farther than we thought. 7,000 steps before noon!

In the afternoon, we had an excursion to Napoleon's Chateau de Malmaison. Napoleon and Josephine lived here and later after they were divorced, she got the house. You can google the entire history of them. I'm too tired to recite the whole thing, but I have included pictures.

This evening, we enjoyed a night tour of Paris. We took some spectacular pictures of the Eiffel Tower. Can't seem to get enough of those Eiffel Tower pictures. Every night at 11:00PM she sparkles so I made a video of it. It was our grand finale.

Tomorrow we go back to home sweet home. It has been an amazing trip. I would highly recommend Viking Cruises. They treated us like royalty. The meals were both beautifully presented and deliciously local cuisine. I can't think of a single thing I would change. They had every detail covered from the minute we left home until our return, making sure we got to the right plane at CDG Airport. Hope you enjoyed our trip as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb