A picnic and wine


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 5th 2012
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.05, 5.05

There was a good end to the lost cat story. The owners were contacted and they came and collected the cat which had been lost for 2 months since they had moved locally so they were very pleased.
We went to Domaine de Marotte near Carpentras. This is a vineyard owned by a Dutch couple so we did lots of wine tasting before having a picnic brought out to us in baskets at a table overlooking the vines. The 6 of us had a pleasant afternoon eating various pates, tapenades and cheeses, melon and strawberries.The weather was perfect, sunny but with a breeze. The prices of wine in the shop were very reasonable so we bought a case of wine as well as some other souvenirs they have on show.

Back home later it was the usual relaxing and reading by the pool or outside our gite, gearing ourselves up for the next trip, which in the evening was to Avignon. The Palais de Papes is an impressive sight but there did not appear to be any exhibitions on there. Avignon is certainly better visited during the day rather than the evening and we made the mistake of choosing one of the reataurants near the Palais which are now too touristy so we ended up having the worst meal of the holiday so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb