From Paris with Love


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 31st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rudi and I have really enjoyed Paris and it's hard to believe that this first part of our vacation is ending. There is so much that this city has to offer its guests and it is impossible to see it all in 3 days. But we knew that going in so we hit the ground running (almost literally) to make our way around the city to the sites most important to us.
Anyone who has visited Paris will agree that its street plan, or map, makes it very easy to get lost, which we did but only a few times and it added to our adventure. The streets are not in any logical order and the opposite to anything that resembles a grid. Most times we had no idea which direction we were even headed!! Thankfully even though the transit system looked like nothing but colorful scribbles it was remarkably easy to understand and use. Despite it's ease we walked most of the time and took in back streets and street side crepes 😊
Though the highlight of the trip was definitely the tour of the Louvre and the Sparkling Eiffel Tower at night, we also enjoyed our visit to Versailles, Musee d'Orsay, Notre Dame, a long walk on the Champs élysées and a view of the entire city from the top of l'arc de Triomphe. We enjoyed every meal but especially the two dinners we shared with our friends in France. It is so nice to have a chat in person rather than on the computer through email or on Facebook.
I think we stayed in the worlds smallest hotel room but it was comfortable, clean, and the shower was just wonderful. We found all of the French people we encountered very friendly and pretty much everyone spoke English. It was fun to speak some French although I learned that I understand more than I speak.
We leave Paris with very sore feet and some leftover jet lag and we are headed for Venice Italy. Neither Rudi or I know a single word of Italian so this should be fun!!!
Au revoir!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb