Oh la la


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour!!
We have arrived in Paris! And now that we have an iPad thanks to the savings for flying with a cheaper airline we don't ever have to fly with Air Transat again! The seats were anything but comfortable - incredibly narrow and gave a whole new meaning to "rubbing shoulders". We both tried sleeping but 3 young girls thought it would be fun to pull an all nighter and oblivious to the fact that everyone else on the plane wanted to sleep. Oh well, we are here safely and that's all that matters!!
We've been here for just over one day and have really seen a lot! Yesterday we walked around the market that our hotel is in which is very close to the Eiffel Tower. We strolled hand in hand around the Eiffel Tower and along the Seine, went to Versailles and enjoyed the palace, toured Musee d'Orsay, and took in Notre Dame! Phew!! It's no surprise that our feet are a bit sore 😊 but that won't stop us!
Tonight we will have dinner with our Parisienne friend Antoine and be up early tomorrow to enjoy the Louvre and l'arc de triomphe. It will be nice to see another friend, Virginie, tomorrow night for dinner and go on a night tour of Paris when it is all lit up. We have yet to see the Eiffel Tower sparkling - last night we crashed at around 9pm France time.

We have savored delicious coffee and crepes mmmmmm. There's nothing like eating a crepe on Rue Cler in paris!! Testing out the red wine tonight!!
A bientot!!!
Amy


Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb