Goodbye Sardinia hello Corsica


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 27th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

27 May 2011

Our last day in Sardinia

After saying goodbye to Enrico and his family we drove along more attractive coastline to Santa Teresa di Gallura the departure port for Corsica and checked the ferry times. There was one at 17.00 so this gave us time for some final Sardinian exploration.

We fist went to the nearby rock Capo Testa and then further east to look at another couple of Nuraghic sights near the town of Arzachena. When we were there we were 15k from Costa Smeralda the area we had first looked at when we had landed 3 weeks before. Close enough for us to consider we had completed our circumnavigation.

Then it was back to Santa Teresa di Gallura to catch the ferry and complete a wonderful 3 weeks in this diverse island.

We landed at the cliff top town of Bonifacio. This was a return to Corsica for us as we had camped there 9 years previously and we are really looking forward to seeing again the rugged island we had fallen in love with on our previous visit.

Our night stop was at a farm restaurant about 40k along the west coast road.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb