Let it Snow


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Let it snow!


Are your nerves still jangling after Christmas and New Year? If you were prudent and managed to resist all the commercial hype, the chances are you’ll still have cash in the bank, so why not treat yourself to a complete change of scenery?

You might consider taking skiing holiday in the French Alps - even if you haven’t skied before. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy an exhilarating break in breathtaking surroundings.

Whatever your family makeup - whether a couple seeking a romantic break away from it all or parents with young children or teenagers - a skiing holiday could be the perfect antidote.

It offers challenges which you won’t find on any other type of holiday and, while admittedly it can be pricey, the holiday is guaranteed to be one you’ll remember.

As a special Millennium treat, we took our two young children on their first skiing holiday for Christmas 1999 and the experience gave us memories we still talk about - not least the thrill for the children of discovering new bicycles in the basement on our return home (Santa couldn’t carry them all the way to France, though he did manage the smaller gifts!)

I know many couples who regularly head for the mountains at this time, lured by the prospect of stunning snowy scenery and the beauty of traditional Alpine villages.

Sounds tempting? It’s still not too late to book a break for this season. A self catering accommodation can offer one of the most cost-effective ways of staying in a ski resort. It is possible to contact property owners direct to discuss availability of accommodation in your chosen destination and your party’s particular requirements.

This is where Chez Nous, the British company with a long and successful record of linking holidaymakers with property owners in France, can help. This year, the firm launched its Chez Nous ski directory, containing information on properties in more than 50 resorts throughout the French Alps and beyond.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb