Day 14


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
November 11th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Normandy WW2 MemorialNormandy WW2 MemorialNormandy WW2 Memorial

I went to this place. I really love WW2 history and so this was on the took to see list in France.
Another day, in another country. Oh, how it makes me smile thinking about it. I needed to rest to return to normal. All this sleep wasn't helping either. I knew that I needed to find the nearest Casino to gamble my money. I went to Casino Croisette and risked $5,000.00. At first, I lost half, but overall, I profited $10,000.00, by playing blackjack, and some Texas holdem poker.
With the money, and a reenergized and rejuvenated body and mind, I rejoiced by eating at a fancy restaurant. The cook was exceptional, bringing the food to my table and sitting down with me to have a ling discussion.
After I ate, I went to Normandy, and visited the WW2 beach sites. I talked to a group of five men who served during the war. They were all in the same company, but in different squads. They all had interesting stories to tell, but time was short and I had to leave.
My last stop was in Paris. I visited the Ifle Tower, Arc of Triumph, and a good coffee and chocolate place, Starbucks. I spent approximately $800.00.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb