Lourdes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

nO QUERTY KEYBOARD SO EXCUSE MISTAKES!

Monday 11

Woke to è degrees and cold! Headed for Millau viaduct which was amazing. stopped at viewpoint which was great; then headed to Millau and parked in M which is famous for glove making. Every shop a tannery/come shop and very tempted but temp risen to 35 so heat saved my precious euros. Moved on pm to Peyre purported to be one of prettiest villages built into cliff fqce. It was lovely also deserted but the views of bridge from here were great. Decided to go to Millau and camp and by now bit lonely so very sad and went on GB sticker hunt! how sad _ no one to be found so read books.

Tues 12 set off for Albi qnd found gotty site _ only one in town and walked 2 miles in; Albi is the birth plqce of Toulouse Latrec. We loved the town. Andy sat in square whilst I visited the museum which housed largest collection of his works. Not a great fan but after visit felt sympathy for him _ born of 2 first cousins and handicapped by 2 bad accidents. In my mind no great artist but no sentimentality about his work which I came to like. The museum and gardens were wonderful and the cathedral something else. Everything in Albi made of red brick which made town red hot. Got back in evening and found Brits next door! Spent eve with Tony and Penny (railway enthusiasts) from Woodbridge.

Wed 12

Spent day at Fiat garage with no joy and then went to place called Auch pron; Oosh. Arrived in time for lovely market and remembered empty bottle to fill with wine at 1 euro a litre. Then pushed off to Tarbes to yet another Fiat garage = no luck. Stopped to watch air display by equiv of our red arrows and drove to Lourdes.

13 th

Set off into Lourdes to see torch lit procession; no one about until 1 m on came across 1000 s of people heading for Grotto. Totally bizarre experience ,ost people in wheelchairs or hospital beds. Sad all seekin,g healing from miracle water at 1 euro per litre.

To be continued Love to all

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb