Avian Flu Vaccines


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Rouen
April 6th 2007
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Atleast once a day Flo and I drive to Louviers, a town not far from Le Vaudreuil where I live, either to work out or to go grocery shopping, or to see his mom, etc. For the first week or so it seemed that each day we took a different route to get there, and in fact it almost was true.

Though Louviers is only ten minutes away, there are about 5 or 6 different ways we take to get there that vary from day to day. I have learned this about Flo, that he likes to vary his routes whether it is to Rouen, to Bois-Guillaume, or to his mother’s house. The other day we were on our way home, maybe 100 meters from the house, and he turned off onto a different road. ‘Where are we going?’ I asked. ‘Oh, nowhere, I just wanted to see what was going on in this part of town.’

So this particular day, Wednesday, we were taking the road to Louviers that passed through the industrial area with lots of factories that manufacture mostly hygienic products and pharmaceuticals.

‘This is where they produce the avian flu vaccine,’ Flo said to me as we passed one factory that had buildings on both sides of the road. On one of our first trips through here Flo had mentioned that he had worked there for a time as a night shift security guard.

‘It is the only place in the world where the vaccine is produced,’ he followed.

Apparently this is the one factory where the vaccine for the Avian Flu is manufactured in the world. In fact, said Flo, the French Army visited the town of Louviers and the factory here to scope out the landscape and make plans for defending the factory against theft or break-in in the case of an Avian Flu epidemic.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb