Lovely drive to Le Bourg d’Oisans in the Rhone-Alpes.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes
September 7th 2016
Published: September 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Had such a lovely drive today. This is a beautiful region of France and nothing better to enjoy glorious Alpine scenery that a fantastic cornflower blue sky. Weather forecast had been suggesting this hot weather was going to turn to a storm. It seems to have contained itself and temperatures are now up to 30 and set to stay that way for days.

Happy Joy and Bob.



We drove first of all down to the bottom of Lake Annecy then headed up through, round and over some mountains until we were in sight of some snow capped peaks.

I love the way the mountains make folds of shaded colour in the sunlight falling down to the fields especially when there is still some morning mist about.
We had a choice of routes so took the one via Albertville as not been that way before. Then we headed in the direction of Grenoble but using the N roads not the motorway.

We had to get round Grenoble so took the bypass but that was the only real main road we used. The rest were pretty peaceful and traffic free and Grenoble itself was easier to circumnavigate via the ring road than we’ve found on previous trips. Once we drove right through which was slow and iffy.



Had an excitement in one small town when Bob was diverted via a side road (lots of road works in France at the moment and we keep encountering road closures). We had to turn left at the end of the one way street but there was a bus at the end and it was stuck as there was a delivery van parked on the corner. Driver of car in front of us got very agitated and told us to reverse. Ha ha not a chance. “Non Madame” I said very definitely “Non, Nous attendons” We waited until the bus and van driver managed to move the mirror on the bus (think it was stuck on the delivery van) and got on our way again.



After Grenoble we turned up to the left towards the mountains again. There had been other choices to routes from Albertviile to get us to our campsite but they involved what looked like pretty windy mountain passes so our route of the day was a little easier and quicker up to the town Le Bourg d’Oisans which is well placed as a starting point for lots of outdoor pursuits, especially cycling and hiking.



Lovely campsite Le Rencontre du Soleil. Super swimming pool, bar and restaurant open and in a stunning location with mountains all round. Had a very pleasant overnighter.



Bob wants me to add that there were no motorhome facilities – i.e nowhere to drop grey waste. Only point against it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb