St Martin de Belleville


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Val Thorens
January 19th 2010
Published: January 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

ChaletChaletChalet

Scott testing out the couch.
We went to St Martin de Belleville (Not Val Thorens - I just couldn't find the correct location from the drop-down list) from Boxing Day for a few weeks. It's a wee village in the Three Valleys in France. The snow was a bit mixed for the first week then we spent two weeks in ski school and the snow and weather were better those two weeks as well. We had a great time in our wee chalet - self catered apartment for two! We cooked more on the holiday than we do at home but it meant we could eat when we wanted, what we wanted and had our own TV, music and books to chill out with as well. We were right in front of the Gondola and Scott get ducking out to see what the snow was doing. We had two fantastic instructors - the first week we had Dennis and the second week, which we booked after we had finished out first week, we had his wife Pascalou! They were fabulous and we had a great time with them and learnt a few tricks of the trade, had some off-piste practice and had some laughs. We had a 9 year old Russian in the school for a few days on the last week and he was hilarious. The last day I kept popping him out of his binding and skiing on the back of his skiis when he was trying to go flat out. ha ha. It was like having a wee brother to pick on. He thought it was hilarious and being so timid it seemed to bring him out of his shell. He was a bandit on skiis - enjoyed the speed. Anyways, here are pics for those not on Facebook..


Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

SkiingSkiing
Skiing

At the ridge between St Martin and Merible
Scott and TrishScott and Trish
Scott and Trish

Deciding on where to go next.
Miserable DayMiserable Day
Miserable Day

Then I took us down the wrong run to the wrong place...couldn't see the signs - bad visibility is my excuse... ; )
Made it to Meet AliMade it to Meet Ali
Made it to Meet Ali

In Meribel Mottaret finally...
A few beers later..A few beers later..
A few beers later..

Hurrah! Let's do that again!
Les MunieresLes Munieres
Les Munieres

The next village along - Edinburgh Council must have advised on the building work - ha ha.


19th January 2010

Why Val THorens?
There was no option to choose St Martin de Belleville that's why I left it as Val Thorens. It's in the same valley..

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb