St. Montan Day Off


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Montelimar
July 9th 2023
Published: July 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

This was supposed to be a day off, but we needed to get some food from the market, little did we know the SuperMarche closes at 12:30 (not for Lunch) on a Sunday. At 12:30 we were told to leave, but negotiated another 10 minutes. As we were leaving we found a guy selling homegrown fruit and vegetables from the back of his van. We picked up 3 tomatoes, 1 capsicum, a bunch of spring onions and 10 apricots for €1, it just didn't seem right so I gave him €2 (it's the only coin I had).

On the way back to the accommodation, we decided to turn up a road in Viviers we had not been up and Port de Plaisance de Viviers which is a popular river cruise boat stop and there were 4 boats in and about a dozen buses ferrying passengers to various activities. While Rose was taking some photos, I found a local Roman Archaeological Site, called Archaeological Site of Alba la Romaine. This was very interesting and they had found a lot of statues and marble columns, there was also a pair of Roman Sandals on display, but I think they were in too good of shape to have been dug up. hehe.

On the way back to the Cottage, we passed a Tennessee BBQ joint, that looked more like a biker Bar. We came back for dinner at the time the owner suggested, however he had no BBQ left and we got Steak Fites and a Pizza. What a bust.

After our dinner we went for a drive to have a look at the local village 1km from our cottage, what we did not know was that once you have driven throw the village and head up the hill you have to keep driving and do the 5km round trip up and back down the hill as all the roads are one way. Great sunset drive and a wonderful way to spend our day off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb